By Kelli Mera, MS, RDN LDN - Contributing Editor for ExecWell
With the holidays quickly approaching, it may seem increasingly difficult to find unique gift ideas for the special people in your life—gifts that don’t include boxes of chocolate or yet another tie. With the recent trend of becoming more health conscious, take care of your family and friends by giving them the gift of health. Below are some gift ideas that can help them create a healthier lifestyle.
- Eating Well Magazine Subscription: For just $10 for a one-year subscription, your family, friends, and co-workers can get updated health news, as well as delicious and healthy recipes to try at home. Maybe they’ll even invite you over to show off their new recipe finds!
- Honey Pot Gift Set: Give the sweet gift of honey, which offers a wide variety of health benefits. This cute honey pot is both versatile and a great addition to your kitchen countertop.
- Three-Herb Wreath: While your family is exploring new recipes, help them add some flavor to their dishes by giving them this great herb wreath, which includes a one-year supply of culinary herbs, such as bay leaves, chili peppers, thyme, and rosemary.
- Nike Fuel Band: This sports watch is the gift that makes getting up and moving fun and easy by tracking your daily activity, as well as calories burned and steps taken. It also serves a dual purpose as a sleek watch.
- Fit Bit: Another great piece of equipment that helps ease the idea of exercise, the Fit Bit not only tracks your steps and calories, but it can also measure your sleep quality to give you a total picture of your health and continuously motivate you to improve.
- Stainless Steel Water Bottle: help to improve your friends’ and family members’ hydration by gifting this great water bottle made from stainless steel—it is BPA-free, which makes it more environmentally friendly.
- Countertop Grill: Your friends and family don’t have to forfeit great grilled foods throughout the winter when they receive this affordable countertop grill as a gift from you. It just plugs in a kitchen outlet and provides the ability to enjoy healthy grilled items, such as fish, burgers, and veggies all year round.
- Personal Blender: This great product allows you to blend your favorite healthy smoothies and drinks right into a travel bottle, which is also BPA-free, and makes eating healthy on the go a piece of cake!
Make gift giving fun this holiday season by providing everyone on your list with easy options to improve their lifestyle. You can be sure these will be gifts that keep on giving!